Saturday, October 24, 2009

Music Showcase 2009

After so many years involved in UM minisry (i think 7 yrs ++ ?) this is the first time in my life I witnessed quite an amazing and also a very entertaining music showcase in UM!

I would say that the pianist was superbly skillful. The one that impressed me was the speed by one pianist. It was a long repertoire and she played almost every key on the piano! I salute her.

I also love the soprano (by Doris). Never imagine that her voice is so keng! Small mouth but loud and nice voice! Perfect.

There is also another Cinematic piece performed by a Iranian where he used electronic keyboard. It was very nice. Hearing it as if you just finish watching the whole series of the movie The Lord of the Ring trilogy in 5 min! Very cool and my mouth just dropped on the floor! (Ooops...excuse me...)

And the last and not least, definitely the only piece that able to make everybody laugh is the Cat's Duet. This interesting and creatively done piece by 2 girls accompanied by piano is the one I love the most! Basically it's all about a story of a male cat chasing after another female cat. But what grabs our complete attention is that both the girls are really singing using cat's voice! It was so real, as if I was sucked into the Cat' world. A high thumb up! (Congrats to the male cat that finally able to win over the female cat :p )

Thanks to Paul for this show. Paul was actually the usher of that night :)

I believe Hubert, Bao Tai Yan, Selena, Jia Rong, Sze Zee and Lai Peng really enjoyed the night. Simply delicious and memorable experience. :)

And I know Bao already booked his calendar for next year's showcase. Can't wait to see Paul on stage lor!

No comments: